Penn State’s Zain Retherford wins 2017 WIN Magazine/Culture House Dan Hodge Trophy, presented by ASICS
By Bryan Van Kley, WIN Magazine NEWTON, Iowa — The WIN...
The current printed and digital issue of WIN — Wrestling Insider Newsmagazine — (Vol. 23, Issue No. 5), is now available digitally and the printed edition has been sent to WIN Magazine subscribers.
If you are interested in getting this issue immediately, simply purchase an annual Digital Subscription to WIN which is only $14.95/Year, or $1.25/Issue.
If you want to order a print subscription to WIN, the cost is $29.95 or $10 more at $39.95 if you want both the print and digital versions of the magazine. (NOTE “WIN eNews” in “How did you hear about WIN” field on On-Line Subscription Sign-Up so we can send you September Olympic Print Issue) Digital versions are compatible to mobile devices.
• Page 7 — Dynasty Dream — Penn State readies itself to defend their 2016 NCAA team title in St. Louis at the Division I Championships. If successful, it would be the Nittany Lions’ sixth title in seven years. Are they on the verge of a dynasty even after getting upset at the 2017 Big Tens by Ohio State?
• Page 8 — Gable on Winning Big matches — Do you know the difference between “nervous scared” and “nervous excited”? You should….see how Gable coached it.
• Page 9 — Burroughs is Back! — See Jordan Burroughs’ thoughts about competing again, and competing in wrestling-rich Iran at the World Cup. What did he think of the Iranian support?
• Pages 11, 15 — Technique analysis — Get technique pointers and analysis from U.S. Greco coach Matt Lindland and “Mean Gene” Mills.
• Page 13 — David Taylor pins Olympic champ, goes 4-0 at World Cup — Up at 86 kilos, Magic Man may have been the hottest wrestler in the world at the February World Cup. Hear what Taylor thought about competing in Iran, and in between Burroughs and Kyle Snyder in the U.S. line-up.
• Pages 16 — NCAA Championships Individual Rankings/Predictions — Find out in the final set of WIN’s College Rankings, presented by Cliff Keen Athletic, who is predicted to win and place at each of the 10 weight classes.
• Page 20 — NCAA Championships Team Rankings/Predictions — WIN Magazine dissects the 2017 NCAA team race with it’s final Tournament Power Index. Find out how many All-Americans each team is predicted to have in St. Louis.
• Page 50 — WIN’s High School Rankings, presented by EZ Flex — Three Pennsylvania teams move into WIN’s national Top 10 in the March rankings….find out who, and what preps are ranked individually #1-25 at each weight.
• Pages 68 — King University wins WCWA Nationals — 2016 Olympian Haley Augello captured her third individual collegiate title to lead King to a national team title in the WCWA.
• Pages 73 — Wrestling Fiction – To Be the Best Excerpt — Continue to follow the Castle brothers in their high school dual meet against rival Riverside, written by book author Heath Hertell.
76 Oversized Pages of Content….Enjoy.
Subscription & Gift Reminder: Buy a Print Subscription for a New Print Subscriber for only $12/Year. Or, Refer WIN Magazine to a wrestling friend, they get $5 Off when using your Customer ID# from your address label on cover, you get FOUR FREE ISSUES.