Today is Wednesday, June 7, which is also just three days before...
Oklahoma State, Northwestern and Iowa earn holiday tourney titles
Photos: Ranked No. 14 nationally, Oklahoma State looked strong at the Southern Scuffle, while Northwestern (left) captured a team title for the first time in the 58 years of hosting the Midlands, and Iowa dominated the Soldier Salute in Coralville, Iowa.
How did you spend your holidays? Some of the top NCAA Division I teams and wrestlers could be found in Chattanooga, Tenn., Hoffman Estates, Ill., or Coralville, Iowa, where these communities played host, respectively, to the Southern Scuffle, Midlands and Soldier Salute tournaments between Dec. 29 and Jan. 2.
The following are some of the highlights of these three tournaments, where six of the Top-10 schools in WIN’s Dec. 12 Tournament Power Index participated. Top-ranked Penn State, which last competed in the Dec. 19-20 National Collegiate Duals in New Orleans, La., where the Nittany Lions won all three duals, did not compete in any of these events. Meanwhile, several of the Top-10 schools did not send a full varsity line-up to one of the holiday tournaments, while No. 2 Iowa was a “quasi” host of the first Soldier Salute.
WIN Magazine will provide even more comprehensive coverage in the upcoming issue of WIN, which will be printed Jan. 12. Click here or call 888-305-0606 to subscribe to WIN.
WIN Magazine will also release its update team and individual rankings, based on holiday tournaments, tomorrow afternoon.
Southern Scuffle • Jan. 1-2 • Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Oklahoma State, ranked 14th by WIN in mid-December, claimed a third all-time team title at the Southern Scuffle, which was held for the 19th time and 11th consecutive year in Tennessee since it moved from Greensboro, N.C. to Chattanooga in 2012. The Cowboys were led by the three top-seeded Cowboys who won individual titles, including Daton Fix (133), Dustin Plott (174) and Travis Wittlake (184). The Cowboys’ 181 points is the third most OSU has ever scored at the Southern Scuffle and was 36.5 points more than second-place North Dakota State. The three individual champions for OSU were tied for the most of any team at the event with NDSU. “I thought we wrestled well in most spots,” head coach John Smith said. “We had some matches tonight we were in control of and found a way to lose. But, we also found a lot of ways to win this weekend. Overall, I think it gives our team a chance to continue to develop.”
- The three individual champs of North Dakota State, ranked No. 18 by WIN before the Scuffle, were Jared Franek (157), who claimed his second-straight Southern Scuffle title, while Kellyn March (149) and Owen Pentz (197) also claimed championships.
- The only wrestler, ranked No. 1 by WIN in December, to compete in the Southern Scuffle was Northern Colorado’s Andrew Alirez at 141 pounds. The junior lived up to his No. 1 seeding by winning all five matches, including the first four by pin or technical fall before beating Missouri’s 8th-ranked Alan Hart, 8-4.
- Chattanooga’s unranked Brayden Palmer reached the finals at 133, where he lost 7-3 to Fix. The junior won four matches on his home mat, including a 7-4 quarterfinal win over Iowa State’s 14th-ranked Ramazan Attasauov.
Ken Kraft Midlands • Dec. 29-30 • Hoffman Estates, Ill.
- Northwestern, the host school of this prestigious event held for the 58th time, captured the team championship for the first time by claiming three individual champions: Yahya Thomas (149), Trevor Chumbley (157) and Lucas Davison (Hwt). The Wildcats were ranked No. 14 by WIN before the event.
- The event’s Outstanding Wrestler was Princeton’s Quincy Monday, the 2021 NCAA national runner-up who was ranked No. 1 by WIN before the Midlands. He moved up to 165 pounds, where he edged Wisconsin’s Dean Hamiti, 4-3, in the final. He became his school’s fourth all-time Midlands champ.
- A pair of Keystone State schools — Penn of the Ivy League and Pitt from the ACC — finished in a tie for second place in the team race with 115 points. The Quakers lone champ was junior Michael Colaiocco who won five matches, including victories over All-Americans Taylor Lamont (Wisconsin) in the quarters, Lucas Byrd (Illinois) in the finals and Chris Cannon (Northwestern) in the finals. Pitt featured two champs: No. 2 ranked Cole Matthews (141) and unranked Reece Heller (184). Meanwhile, another unranked Panther, heavyweight Dayton Pitzer, finished second after he upset Arizona State’s defending national runner-up Cohlton Schultz and Wisconsin All-American Trent Hillger.
- A pair of NCAA Division III wrestlers placed in this event: Wisconsin Whitewater’s Jaritt Shinhoster (2nd at 184) and Nathan Lackman of Rhode Island College, who claimed sixth at 165.
- A women’s college tournament was held for the first time. North Central College from Illinois dominated the competition as 14 wrestlers placed within the top four with four wrestlers claiming a title in their respective weight classes.
Soldier Salute Tournament • Dec. 29-30 • Coralville, Iowa
- This event was held in the Xtream Arena, and the hometown second-ranked Hawkeyes had 30 wrestlers in the two-day event. 20 of those Hawkeyes placed in the Top 8 of their weight class and three of the weights featured head-to-head meetings between teammates. That included Iowa’s top-ranked Spencer Lee, who pinned Drake Ayala, at 125, while Max Murin beat Caleb Rathjen, 7-4, at 149 and at 197 where Jacob Warner scored a major decision over Kolby Franklin.
- In the women’s tournament, Army’s World Class Athlete Program, which is not a college program, featured two champs: Vanessa Ramirez (123) and Tristan Kelly (170). The University of Iowa’s female wrestlers, competing unattached, took home three titles: Sterling Dias (101), Felicity Taylor (116) and Reese Larramendy (143).
Team and Individual Results
Top-10 Team Standings: 1. Oklahoma State 181; 2. North Dakota State 144.5; 3. Missouri 125; 4. Stanford 105.5; 5. Minnesota 96; 6. Northern Colorado 68.5; 7. Binghamton 63.5; 8. Maryland 58.5; 9. Purdue 55.5; 10. Little Rock 54.5
125 pounds: 1st – Matt Ramos (Purdue) dec. Noah Surtin (Missouri), 4-3; 3rd – Nico Provo (Stanford) dec. Trevor Mastrogiovanni (Oklahoma State), 9-3; 5th – Caleb Smith (Appalachian State) dec. Stevo Poulin (Northern Colorado), 5-4; 7th – Braxton Brown (Maryland) won by med. forfeit over Troy Spratley (Minnesota)
133 pounds: 1st – Daton Fix (Oklahoma State) dec. Brayden Palmer (Chattanooga), 7-3; 3rd – Aaron Nagao (Minnesota) dec. Kurt Phipps (Bucknell), 10-3; 5th – Zach Redding (Iowa State) won by med. forfeit over Chance Rich (CSU-Bakersfield); 7th – Ramazan Attasauov (Iowa State) dec. Sean Carter (Appalachian State), 5-3
141 pounds: 1st – Andrew Alirez (N. Colorado) dec. Alan Hart (Missouri), 8-4; 3rd – Jake Bergeland (Minnesota) dec. Mckenzie Bell (Rider), 7-1; 5th – Dylan Droegemueller (ND State) won by med. forfeit over Darren Miller (Bucknell); 7th – Angelo Martinoni (CSU-Bakersfield) dec. Carter Young (Oklahoma State), 5-4
149 pounds: 1st – Kellyn March (North Dakota State) dec. Victor Voinovich (Oklahoma State), 5-3 SV; 3rd – Jaden Abas (Stanford) dec. Ethen Miller (Maryland), 3-2; 5th – Michael Gioffre (Virginia) won by med. forfeit over Quinn Kinner (Rider); 7th – Blaine Brenner (Minnesota) won by med. forfeit over Marcos Polanco (Minnesota)
157 pounds: 1st – Jared Franek (North Dakota State) dec. Kendall Coleman (Purdue), 2-2 TB2; 3rd – Daniel Cardenas (Stanford) dec. Kaden Gfeller (Oklahoma State), 4-2; 5th – Charles Darracott (Stanford) won by med. forfeit over Jarrett Jacques (Missouri); 7th – Tommy Askey (Appalachian State) won by med. forfeit over Vinny Zerban (N. Colorado)
165 pounds: 1st – Shane Griffith (Stanford) dec. Michael Caliendo (North Dakota State), 3-2; 3rd – Wyatt Sheets (Oklahoma State) won by med. forfeit over Cam Steed (Missouri); 5th – Andrew Sparks (Minnesota) dec. Cael Carlson (Minnesota), 5-3 SV; 7th – Hunter Garvin (Stanford) dec. Grant Stotts (Iowa State), 6-4
174 pounds: 1st – Dustin Plott (Oklahoma State) dec. Peyton Mocco (Missouri), 12-7; 3rd – Triston Wills (Little Rock) won by med. forfeit over Bailee O’Reilly (Minnesota); 5th – Andrew Berreyesa (Northern Colorado) won by med. forfeit over Jared Krattiger (Minnesota); 7th – Tyler Eischens (Stanford) dec. Julien Broderson (Iowa State), 7-6
184 pounds: 1st – Travis Wittlake (Oklahoma State) dec. Deanthony Parker (North Dakota State), 3-1; 3rd – Gavin Stika (Oklahoma State) dec. Sam Fisher (Virginia Tech), 6-0; 5th – Jacob Ferreira (Hofstra) dec. Joel Devine (Iowa State), 8-3; 7th – Kyle Haas (Oklahoma State) won by med. forfeit over Jacob Nolan (Binghamton)
197 pounds: 1st – Owen Pentz (North Dakota State) won by injury default over Lou Deprez (Binghamton); 3rd – Luke Surber (Oklahoma State) won by med. forfeit over Jaxon Smith (Maryland); 5th – Stephen Little (Little Rock) won by med. forfeit over Ethan Laird (Rider); 7th – Nikolas Stemmet (Stanford) dec. TJ Stewart (Virginia Tech), 6-1
Heavyweight: 1st – Zach Elam (Missouri) dec. Cory Day (Binghamton), 5-0; 3rd – Konner Doucet (Oklahoma State) dec. Juan Mora (North Dakota State), 2-1 TB2; 5th – Jonah Niesenbaum (Duke) pinned Garrett Joles (Minnesota), 5:41; 7th – Josiah Hill (Little Rock) dec. Peter Ming (Stanford), 5-2
Ken Kraft Midlands
Top-10 Team Standings: 1. Northwestern 122; 2 (tie). Penn and Pittsburgh 115; 4. Wisconsin 114.5; 5. Illinois 104.5; 6. Arizona State 86; 7. Rutgers 85; 8. Princeton 65; 9. SIU Edwardsville 64.5; 10. Harvard 55.5
125 pounds: 1st – Eric Barnett (Wisconsin) dec. Brandon Courtney (Arizona State), 6-2; 3rd – Diego Sotelo (Harvard) won by medical forfeit over Dean Peterson (Rutgers); 5th – Jack Medley (Michigan) won by medical forfeit over Killian Cardinale (West Virginia); 7th – Sheldon Seymour (Lehigh) major dec. Jacob Moran (Indiana), 15-5
133 pounds: 1st – Michael Colaiocco (Penn) dec. Chris Cannon (Northwestern), 3-2; 3rd – Lucas Byrd (Illinois) dec. Julian Chlebove (Arizona State), 3-0; 5th – Joe Heilman (Rutgers) won by medical forfeit over Ryan Crookham (Lehigh); 7th – Hunter Adrian (Brown) dec. Taylor Lamont (Wisconsin), 3-2
141 pounds: 1st – Cole Matthews (Pittsburgh) dec. Josh Edmond (Missouri), 3-1; 3rd – Sammy Alvarez (Rutgers) dec. Brian Courtney (Unattached), 10-5; 5th – Saul Ervin (SIU Edwardsville) dec. Ryan Michaels (Pittsburgh), 9-4; 7th – Danny Pucino (Illinois) major dec. Josh Mason (Bloomsburg), 14-4)
149 pounds: 1st – Yahya Thomas (Northwestern) dec. Kyle Parco (Arizona State), 4-3; 3rd – Doug Zapf (Penn) dec. Caleb Tyus (SIU Edwardsville), 6-2; 5th – Tyler Badgett (Pittsburgh) dec. Max Brignola (Lehigh), 3-2; 7th – Cade Balestrini (Bloomsburg) dec. Nate Higley (George Mason), 9-6)
157 pounds: 1st – Trevor Chumbley (Northwestern) major dec. Drew Scharenbrock (Wisconsin), 8-0; 3rd – Derek Gilcher (Indiana) dec. Anthony Artalona (Penn), 7-4; 5th – Garrett Model (Wisconsin) dec. Andrew Clark (Rutgers), 3-0; 7th – Aiden Vandenbush (Northwestern) won by medical forfeit over Alejandro Herrera-Rondon (Oklahoma)
165 pounds: 1st – Quincy Monday (Princeton) dec. Dean Hamiti (Wisconsin), 4-3; 3rd – Dan Braunagel (Illinois) won by medical forfeit over Izzak Olejnik (Northern Illinois); 5th – Justin McCoy (Virginia) dec. Nathan Lackman (Rhode Island College), 4-2; 7th – Lucas Revano (Penn) won by injury default over Cardi Wilson (SIU Edwardsville), 2:15.
174 pounds: 1st – Edmond Ruth (Illinois) dec. Nick Incontrera (Penn), 4-1; 3rd – Brody Conley (West Virginia) dec. Daniel Wask (Navy Prep), 3-1; 5th – Alex Cramer (Central Michigan) pinned Luca Augustine (Pittsburgh), 4:30; 7th – Kole Mulhauser (Princeton) major dec. Trey Sizemore (Illinois) (Maj 12-2)
184 pounds: 1st – Reece Heller (Pittsburgh) dec. Jaritt Shinhoster (UW-Whitewater), 7-5; 3rd – Neil Antrassian (Virginia) dec. Brian Soldano (Rutgers), 12-6; 5th – Dylan Connell (Illinois) pinned Anthony Carman (West Virginia), 0:30; 7th – Dylan Fishback (NC State) dec. Evan Bates (Northwestern) (Dec 8-2)
197 pounds: 1st – Zac Braunagel (Illinois) dec. Braxton Amos (Wisconsin), 2-1 TB-2; 3rd – Andrew Davison (Northwestern) dec. Mac Stout (Pittsburgh), 4-1; 5th – Luke Stout (Princeton) major dec. Michael Battista (Virginia), 12-3; 7th – Cole Urbas (Penn) pinned Ryan Yarnell (SIU Edwardsville), 1:00.
Heavyweight: 1st – Lucas Davison (Northwestern) dec. Dayton Pitzer (Pittsburgh). 4-0; 3rd – Colton Schultz (Arizona State) pinned Yaraslau Slavikouski (Harvard), 3:13; 5th – Colton McKiernan (SIU Edwardsville) won by medical forfeit over Trent Hillger (Wisconsin); 7th – Ben Goldin (Penn) won by medical forfeit over Boone McDermott (Rutgers)
Team Standings: 1. North Central 107.5; 2. Augsburg 54; 3. Presbyterian College 45; 4. McKendree 31.5; 5. Lock Haven 15.5; 6. Grand View 15.0; 7. Aurora 14.5; 8. Wyoming Seminary 6.0
101 pounds: 1st – Rianne Murphy (Unattached) dec. Madison Avila (North Central), 8-4; 3rd – Samantha Miller (Presbyterian College) pinned Amber Turner (North Central), 0:46
109 pounds: 1st – Sydney Petzinger (North Central) won by TF over Kaelani Shufeldt (Lock Haven), 11-0; 3rd – Kendra Ryan (North Central) won by TF over Cassy Lopez (Presbyterian College), 10-0
116 pounds: 1st – Jaslynn Gallegos (North Central) pinned Chloe Ayres (Unattached), 4:01; 3rd – Ainslie Lane (Presbyterian) pinned Amaya Yoshizumi (North Central), 3:21
123 pounds: 1st – Carly Ceshker (Unattached) pinned Gabby Skidmore (Augsburg), 0:31; 3rd – Amani Jones (North Central) won by TF over Catherine Bertrand (Presbyterian), 10-0
130 pounds: 1st – Sara Sterner (North Central) pinned Alexis Janiak (Aurora), 2:36; 3rd – Autumn Flanigan (Augsburg) dec. Sierra Marie Miller (Presbyterian), 11-2
136 pounds: 1st – Blanche Kemu Makem (Augsburg) pinned Yele Aycock (North Central), 2:49; 3rd – Paige Wehrmeister (Presbyterian) dec. JoLynn Harris (McKendree), 5-3
143 pounds: 1st – Alexis Gomez (Grand View) dec. Alara Boyd (McKendree), 9-7; 3rd – Grace Stem (Lock Haven) won by TF over Riley Aamold (North Central), 10-0;
155 pounds: 1st – Tiera Jimerson (North Central) dec. Marlynne Deede (Augsburg), 4-4; 3rd – Malea Palahniuk (North Central) pinned London Houston (North Central), 1:44
170 pounds: 1st – Stella Steigler (Wyoming Seminary) pinned Alex Alli (Wyoming Seminary), 2:22
191 pounds: 1st – Sydnee Kimber (McKendree) pinned Traeh Haynes (North Central), 3:22; 3rd – Melissa Jacobs (Augsburg) dec. Maia Foster (Augsburg), 6-2
Soldier Salute Tournament
Top-10 Team Standings: 1. Iowa 228; 2. Army West Point 106; 3. Wyoming 99.5 4. Columbia 88.5; 5. South Dakota State 79.5; 6. Navy 54.5; 7. The Citadel 46.5; 8. Northern Iowa 42.0; 9. Wisconsin 39.0; 10. VMI 37.5.
125 pounds: 1st – Spencer Lee (Iowa) pinned Drake Ayala (Iowa), 1:24; 3rd – Jore Volk (Wyoming) dec. Nick Babin (Columbia), 4-2; 5th – Ethan Berginc (Army West Point) dec. Blair Orr (The Citadel), 2-1; 7th – Charlie Farmer (Army West Point) dec. Jack Parker (Bellarmine), 7-4
133 pounds: 1st – Cullan Schriever (Iowa) dec. Angelo Rini (Columbia), 4-2; 3rd – Brendan Ferretti (Navy) dec. Jace Rhodes (Iowa), 6-4; 5th – Rich Treanor (Army West Point) dec. Ryan Franco (Army West Point), 6-0; 7th – Dylan Coy (Wisconsin) dec. Garrett Funk (Northern Iowa) 4-2)
141 pounds: 1st – Real Woods (Iowa) pinned Julian Sanchez (Army West Point), 2:43; 3rd – Caleb Gross (South Dakota State) won by med. forfeit over Matt Kazimir (Columbia); 5th – Drew Bennett (Iowa) major dec. Jager Eisch (Minnesota), 14-5; 7th – Darren Green (Wyoming) pinned Connor Thorpe (Northern Iowa), 6:50
149 pounds: 1st – Max Murin (Iowa) dec. Caleb Rathjen (Iowa), 7-4; 3rd – Anthony Echmendia (Unattached) dec. Wil Guida (North Carolina), 4-3; 5th – Danny Fongaro (Columbia) dec. Joel Jesuroga (Iowa) 2-1 TB; 7th – Alek Martin (South Dakota State) major dec. Chase Zollmann (Wyoming), 12-2
157 pounds: 1st – Jacob Wright (Wyoming) dec. Cael Swensen (South Dakota State), 4-3; 3rd – Job Chishko (VMI) dec. Bryce Dauphin (Wyoming), 7-0; 5th – RJ Weston (Northern Iowa) dec. Nathan Lukez (Army West Point), 4-2; 7th – Cooper Voorhees (Wyoming) dec. Evan Yant (Northern Iowa), 5-3
165 pounds: 1st – Patrick Kennedy (Iowa) dec. Jack Thomsen (South Dakota State), 10-5; 3rd – Cole Moody (Wyoming) dec. Dalton Harkins (Army West Point), 5-4; 5th – Drake Rhodes (Iowa) dec. Aiden Riggins (Iowa), 2-0; 7th – Braxton Lewis (VMI) dec. Geno Quodala (Navy), 6-4
174 pounds: 1st – Ben Pasiuk (Army West Point) won by med. forfeit over Lennox Wolak (Columbia); 3rd – Hayden Hastings (Wyoming) dec. Devan Hendricks (Bellarmine), 4-3; 5th – Graham Calhoun (Wisconsin) won by med. forfeit over Brennan Swafford (Iowa); 7th – Kyle Mosher (Columbia) dec. Benjy Haubert (The Citadel), 8-4
184 pounds: 1st – Abe Assad (Iowa) dec. Bennett Berge (South Dakota State), 6-4 sv; 3rd – Roman Rogotzke (South Dakota State) dec. Sahm Addulrazzaq (Army West Point) 8-6 sv; 5th – Quayin Short (Wyoming) dec. Guillermo Escobedo (Wyoming), 2-0; 7th – Micah Dicarlo (The Citadel) dec. Aidan McCain (Iowa), 7-3
197 pounds: 1st – Jacob Warner (Iowa) major dec. Kolby Franklin (Iowa), 10-2; 3rd – Zach Glazier (Iowa) major dec. Wyatt Voelker (Northern Iowa), 12-3; 5th – Jake Lucas (Navy) won by med. forfeit over Tyler Mousaw (VMI); 7th – Tyce Raddon (Wyoming) major dec. Adam Ahrendsen (Northern Iowa), 15-6
Heavyweight: 1st – Tony Cassioppi (Iowa) pinned Ryan Catka (Navy), 2:11; 3rd – Luke Rasmussen (South Dakota State) pinned Gannon Rosenfeld (Wisconsin), 4:07; 5th – Bradley Hill (Iowa) dec. Jonathan Chesser (The Citadel), 9-8; 7th – Terren Swartz (Wyoming) won by med. forfeit over Austin Kohlhofer (Army West Point)
Team Standings: 1. Life University 129; 2. Army WCAP 128.5; 3. Iowa Wesleyan 118.5; 4. Indiana Tech 116; 5. Tiffin University 60.5; 6. Columbia 39; 7. Umpqua CC 34; 8. William Penn 28.5; 9. North Carolina 16.5; 10. Cornell College 0
101 pounds: 1st – Sterling Dias (Iowa-Unattached) dec. Emilie Gonzalez (Iowa-Unattached), 6-0; 3rd -Taylor Wilson (Indiana Tech) pinned Alaina Sunlin (Iowa Wesleyan), 2:08; 5th – Sydney Kutzke (Indiana Tech) pinned Mya Turnmire (Iowa Wesleyan), 1:35; 7th – Devyn Gomez (Life University) pinned Anika Barker (William Penn), 1:32
109 pounds (round robin): 1st – Jenavi Alejandro (Tiffin University); 2nd – Brianna Gonzalez (Iowa-Unattached); 3rd – Ava Bayless (Iowa-Unattached); 4th – Mia Palumbo (Iowa Wesleyan); 5th – Kory Phillips (Life University); 6th – Tehani Soares (Indiana Tech); 7th – Destiny Carranza (Iowa Wesleyan)
116 pounds: 1st – Felicity Taylor (Iowa-Unattached) won by TF over Aleeah Gould (Army WCAP), 10-0; 3rd – Faith Cole (Iowa Wesleyan) pinned Emma Jones (Indiana Tech), 2:59; 5th – Paige Denke (Life) won by TF over Grecia Martinez (William Penn), 11-0; 7th – Leah Pekar (Tiffin) won by forfeit over Brianna Funakoshi (Life)
123 pounds: 1st – Vanessa Ramirez (Army WCAP) dec. Estrella Dorado Marin (Army WCAP), 2-1; 3rd – Katrina Kling (Columbia) pinned Andrea Hernandez (Indiana Tech), 4:09; 5th – Anna Krejsa (Life) won by TF over Alejandra Hernandez (Tiffin), 10-0; 7th – Aubree Kuhns (Indiana Tech) pinned Brittany Cotter (William Penn), 1:47
130 pounds (round robin): 1st – Victoria Baez-Dillone (Umpqua CC); 2nd – JoAnna Vanderwood (Iowa Wesleyan); 3rd – Destiny Campbell (Iowa Wesleyan); 4th – Nonnie Justice (Iowa Wesleyan); 5th – Zaynah McBryde (Life); 6th – Mami Selemani (William Penn); 7th – Mariah Webster (William Penn)
136 pounds: 1st – Adaugo Nwachukwu (Iowa Wesleyan) won by TF over Bridgette Duty (Army WCAP), 12-0; 3rd – Sarah Savidge (Life) won by forfeit over Valerie Hamilton (Iowa-Unattached); 5th – Riley Dalrymple (Life) won by TF over Emily Neumann (Iowa Wesleyan), 10-0; 7th – Michal Buska (Tiffin) won by forfeit over Glenda Veiga (Indiana Tech)
143 Pounds: 1st – Reese Larramendy (Iowa-Unattached) dec. Brenda Reyna (Army WCAP), 7-0; 3rd – Maya Letona (Columbia) dec. Jamilah McBryde (Life), 5-2; 5th – Marisol Nugent (North Carolina) pinned Samantha Snow (Indiana Tech), 2:34; 7th – Zoey Smalley (Umpqua CC) won by forfeit over Elleni Johnson (Army WCAP)
155 pounds (round robin): 1st – Latifah McBryde (Life); 2nd – Bella Mir (Iowa-Unattached); 3rd – Aspen Barber (Army WCAP); 4th – Grace Doering (Indiana Tech); 5th – Erin Martin (Tiffin); 6th – Sidney Ramos (Tiffin); 7th – Emma Cole (Iowa Wesleyan); 8th – Jessica Kemgne (Columbia)
170 pounds: 1st – Tristan Kelly (Army WCAP) won two of three round-robin matches with Kylie Welker (Iowa-Unattached); Welker won first match by TF, 10-0; Kelly won second match by injury def.; Kelly won third match by medical forfeit.
191 pounds: 1st Place – Riley Dempewolf (Indiana Tech) won both round-robin matches over Grace Gray (Iowa Wesleyan), 7-0 and 9-1